Happy Spring! The birds are singing, the leaves are popping, and, before we know it, the world around us will be green again! It’s always an inspiring time of year when we can renew our spirits and rebalance our lives, but it feels even more so this year!
With vaccines being widely distributed and our state starting to reopen, we’ll be working over the next month on our own phased-in reopening plan for the Senior Center. It is our hope that by May we’ll be able to begin offering some safe in-person activities and services, while we continue to host our popular drive-through luncheons and online programming. We’ll keep you posted through email, our webpage and our Facebook page as this plan evolves...but we can’t wait to welcome you back into the Center!
In the meantime, we’ve got a number of fun programs lined up in April – join us this month, and let the promise of this new spring inspire you! Whether you like to sing, learn, craft, garden, try your hand at trivia or just enjoy a live flute concert, we’ve got something for everyone this month. You won’t want to miss our pick-up luncheons either—we’ll enjoy brunch on the 9th and everyone’s favorite classic, Tuna Noodle Casserole on the 23rd!
Please remember, even though our building is closed, we are here for you! If you need transportation, help with meals, access to a computer, a friendly person to talk to or anything else, give us a call at 860-429-0262!
Effective April 1, all Connecticut residents ages 16 and older are eligible to register to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
There are multiple ways to schedule your appointment:
- VAMS is the Vaccine Administration Management System – an online scheduling portal hosted by the State Department of Public Health that allows individuals with an email address and access to a computer to create an account, log-in, and search for a vaccine clinic near them. After you register with VAMS you can access many providers’ vaccine scheduling systems
- Schedule a vaccination directly through a participating health provider.
- Hartford Healthcare: Several locations across the state, including large clinics in the Hartford area. Contact: 860.827.7690
- Yale New Haven Health: Several locations across the state, including large clinics in the New Haven area Contact: 1.833.275.9644
- Stamford Health: Operating a clinic 7 days per week at Stamford Hospital
- Walgreens: 12 vaccine locations across the state
- CVS: Four locations including Colchester, Putnam, Waterford, and Windsor Locks
- Walmart: Seven locations across the state, including Hartford, New Haven, North Windham, Norwalk, Torrington, Waterbury, and West Haven
- Call the CT COVID Vaccine Appointment Assist Line at 877.918.2224, seven days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Due to high volume of calls, this option is only recommended for individuals who have not had success with the above options.
- If you are a veteran, contact your Veterans’ Administration Office directly to schedule your vaccination.
If you need any assistance scheduling your appointment, call Senior Outreach Coordinator Yamil Figueroa at 860-487-9875. She is available to provide guidance and technology assistance, as well as schedule transportation. If you need access to a computer or the Internet, you can also schedule an in-person appointment at the Senior Center or the Mansfield Public Library by calling their main numbers.
Check here for the most accurate, up-to-date info on vaccination rollout:
AARP tax appointments will be done using a combination of pre-filled forms, scanned documents, and tax return preparation done remotely with voice and email interaction. You will need an email, telephone, and access and familiarity with a computer to fill out forms and review your tax return when it is complete. Priority will be given to Mansfield residents and spaces are limited. You must have filed your 2018 or 2019 taxes at the Mansfield Senior Center. Please call 860-429-0262 to schedule an appointment.
We do not endorse, sponsor, or recommend any particular tax preparation services. However, here are some local resources you can use at your own discretion:
Check out our newsletter!