Town of Mansfield
Resident State Trooper’s Office, 4 South Eagleville Road, Mansfield, CT 06268
(860) 429-6024 Telephone (860) 429-4090 Facsimile
Temporary State Pistol Permit
- To apply, you must be 21 years of age, a U.S. Citizen residing in Mansfield, and a suitable person (C.G.S. Title 29, Sec. 29-28). Convicted felons cannot possess firearms and cannot obtain pistol permits. Prison time, probation or a fine for a felony are considered a conviction.
- Fill out the DPS-799-C Pistol Permit Application form and one (1) fingerprint cards using BLACK INK.
- Have fingerprints taken at the State Police Barracks, Troop C 1320 Tolland Stage Road, Tolland. It will cost you $15.00 so be sure to have a check or money order with you. Fingerprints are taken at 7:00am, 3:00pm and 11:00pm every day. Do not be late.
- Obtain a letter or certificate from an NRA Certified Connecticut Firearms Safety Course Certificate.see Connecticut State Pistol Permit
- Call the Mansfield Resident Trooper’s Office 860-429-3360 to schedule an appointment to drop off your complete application packet which includes (Appointment will be Thursday):
Completed DPS-799-C Pistol Permit Application
One Green Applicant Fingerprint Cards
Birth Certificate (Passport is also acceptable)
Photo Identification (i.e. Driver’s License)
One check or money order for $13.25 payable to “Treasurer-State of CT”
One check or money order for $75.00 payable to “Treasurer-State of CT”
One check or money order for $70.00 payable to “Town of Mansfield”
- We will contact you upon your clearance from the State Police Bureau of Identification. If approved, you will be asked to come in for a brief meeting with Sgt. Keith Timme.
- Upon completion of your interview you may be issued a temporary permit and it will be available to be picked up once signed by the Town Manager.
Note: Your temporary pistol permit will be good for sixty (60) days. It cannot be renewed. You may obtain a long-term permit from the Connecticut State Police after your temporary permit is issued from Mansfield.
For additional information regarding your long-term permit from the State, please visit www.ct.gov/despp.
If you have any questions about this application, you may call the Mansfield Resident Trooper’s Office at 860-429-3360 or 860-429-6024.
Our secretary office hours are as follows:
Monday – Wednesday 8:15-4:30 (Closed for an hour for lunch)
Friday 8:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Follow link to application
https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/DESPP/CSP/files/DPS-799-C.pdf?la=en Pistol Permit Application