June 9, 2020
We will be discussing Jenny by Sigrid Undset at our next Zoom meeting on Tuesday, June 9th, 6:45 - 8:00 p.m.
- book discussion group will meet online in June, due to the COVID-19 pandemic
If you would like to join us for the June book discussion, contact Pat McMullan by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About a week before the June discussion, you will receive an email invitation. The invitation will include a link to the meeting, and the password you will need.
- copies of the ebook are available free for Mansfield residents to download via Overdrive http://mansfieldpubliclibraryct.org/download/
Storrs-Mansfield, CT 06268
Mansfield Public Library Tuesday Evening Book Discussion To Meet Online June 9
Tuesday, June 9, 2020
This novel tells the story of Jenny Winge, a gifted young Norwegian painter who goes to Rome to pursue her art, falls in love with the wrong man, and has to live with difficult decisions which challenge her ideals and values. Jenny was written in Norwegian and first published in 1911. The first English language edition came out in 1921. Sigrid Undset was awarded the Nobel Prize in literature in 1928, "principally for her powerful descriptions of Northern life during the Middle Ages" in the Kristin Lavransdatter trilogy and The Master of Hestviken quartet.
Here are a few other suggestions for getting a copy you can read:
- the novel is available free and full text on Project Gutenberg, can be downloaded or read online https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/search/?query=Jenny+Sigrid+Undset
- the audio book is available free on Librivox, can be streamed over the internet or downloaded for later use https://librivox.org/jenny-by-sigrid-undset/
- Amazon offers a Kindle edition for $0.9