12/5/2017 - Water Conservation Information
December 5, 2017
The University of Connecticut is lifting the Stage lA Water Conservation Alert that was issued when area streamflows were affected by seasonally dry conditions. The recent rainfall has partially restored streamflow in the rivers near the wellfields.
UConn is asking students, faculty, and staff to be conscientious of their daily water use and to conserve water voluntarily by:
- Taking short showers. Turn off the water flow while soaping or shampooing.
- Using the appropriate water level or load size selection on the washing machine.
- Using water only as needed when washing dishes, shaving, and brushing teeth. Don't let the faucet run unnecessarily.
- Run dishwashers only when completely full.
- Public water should not be used to wash building exteriors, driveways, sidewalks or vehicles.
- Reconsider pouring water down the drain when there may be another use for it -such as watering a plant or garden.
- Immediately report any leaky fixtures in UConn buildings to Facilities Operations (486-3113).
The University's water supply remains adequate to meet current and forecasted system demands and any emergency needs such as firefighting. UConn will continue to monitor local and state-wide conditions and will provide future updates as conditions warrant.