School Bus Transportation Information Page
Bus Route Information
Our School Bus Route Information itemizes the pick-up times for each street on each bus. Click on the links below to see the specific pickup times for each street and bus route.
- Goodwin School Bus Routes
- Southeast School Bus Routes
- Vinton School Bus Routes
- Mansfield Middle School Bus Routes
- Mansfield Middle School Late Bus Routes
- EO Smith Highschool Bus Routes
School Bus Contact Information
Have a question about your child's bus route or other bus-related questions?
- Questions regarding your child's bus route should be directed to your child's school office:
- In the event that you need to reach the bus company bus dispatch directly (the number below rings the Mansfield school bus dispatch garage directly):
- Mansfield Bus Dispatch of M&J Bus: 860-429-2040.
Q&A about Mansfield's School Buses
- What if my child's school bus is late?
M&J Bus Inc. and the Mansfield Schools work collaboratively to seek to have a school bus transportation system that is reliable and timely for students and parents. M&J Bus Inc. uses professional bus transportation software as well as their local staff's close knowledge of Mansfield's roads and geography to develop bus routes.
However, there may be times when the bus is delayed:
- During the initial weeks of the school year, it is more likely that school buses could be delayed. This is because students are learning the location and times of their bus stops, so it might take more time to board and exit students. Our priority is always safety first, so we want to ensure everyone safely boards and exits the bus. Additionally, at the beginning of the year, we sometimes have new enrollments that require adjustments in the number of students picked up at each stop. Please anticipate that during the initial weeks of the school year there could be some natural variation in the arrival time of the bus.
- Additionally, in the event of inclement weather, similarly please anticipate that there could be some natural variation in the arrival time of the bus. In the event that school will be closed (or delayed or closing early) due to inclement weather, the District will notify all parents using our automated School Messenger notification system.
- Please refer to the School Bus Route links at the top of this webpage for detailed information for each school. Students should plan to be ready to board the bus prior to their pick-up time.
- If a bus is going to be significantly late, our schools might use our notification system to alert parents. We are careful not to use this system excessively and certainly would not use it for a more limited delay.
- If you have a concern about scheduling issues with your child's bus, please contact your child's school office using the contact information listed earlier on this page.
- Does Mansfield own the school buses?
Our buses are owned and operated by M&J Bus Inc. M&J provides our busing under a formal contract with Mansfield.
- Who determines the bus routes?
Bus routes are determined by M&J Bus, but are approved by the Superintendent and are designed to meet Mansfield's school bus needs. M&J Bus Inc. uses professional bus transportation software as well as their local staff's close knowledge of Mansfield's roads and geography to develop bus routes, while also keeping in mind Mansfield's school bus requirements.
- Does Mansfield use the Safe Stop School Bus app?
The Safe Stop School Bus App was discontinued in Mansfield in July 2019. We saw a very low level of use even after many years or promoting it, while at the same time a significant ongoing cost. However, with the end of the use of the Safe Stop App, we did launch this new School Bus Transportation Information Page using the Civic Engage website software. While this page does not replicate Safe Stop's app, we are using this page to provide information to parents about school busing in Mansfield.
- Can I have my child picked up or dropped off at a location other than my home?
If you wish to have your son/daughter picked up or dropped off at a location other than your home, you must make this request, in writing, on forms available on our website, in each school office, or from the Office of the Superintendent of Schools in the Audrey P. Beck Municipal Building. See our Parent Handbook for additional information about requests for bus changes.
- Does Mansfield provide busing for only our elementary and middle school students, or is there also busing for Regional School District 19 (E.O. Smith High School)?
High School students also receive school bus transportation. For questions about High School school bus transportation, please contact E.O. Smith High School at 860-487-0877.
Visit this page directly using the address: https://mansfieldct.gov/SchoolBus