After School Friends Program
Recreation Rescue is back on November 2nd at Goodwin Elementary School.
View the flyer HERE
Please send your child with a bag lunch, food will not be provided.
Welcome back! We are back for the 2021-2022 school year, but we will look a little different.
Before Care will be available at the Mansfield Community Center beginning at 7:00 AM each day. Children will be bused to their schools each morning. After school Friends Program will be held at all three Elementary Schools from 3:00 PM to 6:00PM each day. The After School Friends Program offers a safe, fun and relaxed atmosphere for children at the end of the school day. The program is for children in grades K - 4 whose parents want them to join special activities in a peer setting, or are unable to care for them after school.
Our after school program will have limited group sizes at each location based on OEC guidance. Children will be required to wear masks while inside at the program. When outside masks can be removed as long as supervised social distancing is happening.
The After School Friends Program designs activities to provide children with experiences that enhance physical, emotional and social growth. Children learn to resolve conflicts and develop social skills. The weekly schedule can include activities such as arts and crafts, sports, outside time, creative group games and special themed events.
Outdoor play happens whenever possible. Gyms at each location will be available in limited capacity. Come to the after school program prepared for the inclement weather. If it is snowing and the kids have snow gear, everyone goes outside. If the weather is below 32 degrees the kids will stay indoors. If the temperature is above 90 degrees, the kids will also not go outside. We encourage the children and staff to be involved in planning together. Snack is provided for our after school friends.
When school is closed or has an early dismissal due to inclement weather, there is no after school program.
- Mansfield Community Center (Before School)
- Goodwin Elementary School (After School)
- Southeast Elementary School (After School)
- Vinton Elementary School (After School)
Ways to Register
- Come into the community center, fill out a activity registration form and make payment
- Mail in a activity registration form payment with a check. Credit cards can only be accepted in person or on-line.
- Drop In, In order to use the drop in there is a credit card authorization form that is required as well as filling out an activity registration form. This can be done in person at the community center. Only registered participants can use the drop in program. Example: If your children is registered Monday, Wednesday and Friday and you need to use the drop in program on Tuesday or Thursday. This must be confirmed with the director as space is limited.
Each month you must either come into the community center to register or register on-line to continue using the program.
- Before School 7:00 AM-8:45 AM
- After School 3:15 PM-6:00 PM
- On scheduled half days after school starts at 12:45pm-6pm
- On early dismissal days there is no after school program
- Registered days
- $11.54 for before school
- $14.11 for after school
- You must register at the end of each month to use the next month.
- If you have changes you need to make for your childcare, there is an activity refund/request form.
- Drop In days (In order to use the drop in program a credit card authorization form must be filled out)
- $19.00 for before school
- $23.00 for after school
- Credit cards will be charged the first week of the month for the days attended the previous month.
For more information contact Mansfield Parks and Recreation by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 860-429-3015 ext. 0.