Fire & Emergency Services
The Town of Mansfield, located in the northeast hills of Connecticut, is home to approximately 25,000 people. Located within its boundaries is Storrs, home of the University of Connecticut. The Mansfield Fire Department consists of 3 fire stations to cover 45 square miles of mixed urban and rural developments. We are a combination department, employing 20+ full time and part time firefighter/EMT’s, and supported by an additional volunteer staff of men and women dedicated to serving their community. While the department was officially founded in 2005, we are the final combination of the Eagleville Fire Department and the Mansfield Volunteer Fire Company which have been serving the community since the 1930’s.
Our Mission Statement
With pride and dedication, Mansfield Fire & Emergency Services responds to public safety, medical emergencies, disasters, and pandemics. It is our priority to protect the lives and property of our residents and visitors. We fulfill this mission through fire suppression, rescue, code enforcement, public education, fire investigation, community engagement, and professional development with Safety, Commitment, and Integrity.
- When an emergency vehicle is approaching that is displaying emergency lights and sirens, what should I do?
- Why do emergency vehicles run with lights and siren, then just turn them off?
- Can you make the stop lights turn green?
- What is the difference between an EMT and Paramedic?
- Do the personnel on the ambulance fight fires also?
- Why do fire trucks respond to motor vehicle accidents?
- Why do fire trucks respond to emergency medical calls?
- Why do so many fire trucks respond to 'simple' incidents?
- Why do firefighters cut holes in the roof of a building on fire?
- Why do firefighters break windows in a building that is on fire?
- How do I get one of those reflective number signs for my mailbox/driveway?