Mansfield Schools COVID-19 Information & Resources
Quick Links to Our Schools:
- Annie E Vinton ElementarySchool
- Dorothy C Goodwin Elementary
- Southeast Elementary School
- Mansfield Middle School
For details about Inclement weather decisions in a letter put out by the Superintendent of schools , please click here
For a copy of the revised School Year Calendar for school year 2020/2021 please click here.
Mansfield Public Schools "Plan to Reopen Schools" Document
The Mansfield Reopening Committee has developed a comprehensive plan for reopening schools that addresses the requirements of the State of Connecticut and meets the Mansfield Public Schools expectations for teaching and learning, supporting health and wellness, and maintaining equity across our school system while assuring continuity of learning.
- View the Mansfield Public Schools "Plan to Reopen Schools" document.
- View the Executive Summary for Reopening Schools document
- Letter to Families RE: Reopening with the Hybrid Model
- Letter to Families RE: Reopening with the Hybrid Model and parent survey - 08/12/2020
- September School Opening Schedule
- Phase ll Reopening Details
- October Reopening Calendar
- November Reopening Calendar
- November Grade 5 Reopening Details for MMS
- November Reopening Calendar - 10-30-2020
Mansfield Public Schools Digital Tools
We invite you to use this resource to learn about tools that your child uses in school. Additional information will be regularly added throughout the school year.
School Reopening Q & A Zoom Sessions
It is our goal to create a plan that meets the requirements of the state and creates the safety and security needed to bring students and staff back to school. We had planned a series of community meetings with parents, below are the links to those meetings if you wish to watch what was discussed. Unfortunately, the meeting held with parents at MMS was not recorded. Information across all four meetings was very similar. Listen to any one of the links below for information on reopening planning.
- Remote Learning Parent Meeting - Recorded - 09/04/2020
- Southeast School - Recorded - 07/07/2020
- Vinton School - Recorded - 07/08/2020
- Goodwin School - Recorded - 07/10/2020
- Parent Q & A Session - Recorded - 07/29/2020
- Parent Q & A session - Recorded - 07/31/2020
- Remote Learning Parent Meeting - Passcode to view the video: zGfBC3^#
|How to Talk About Race at Home|
- Letter from Superintendent regarding Recent Racial Violence - 03/24/2021
- National Geographic-Talking about Race
- Race Talk: Engaging Young People in Conversations about Race and Racism
- Conversations on Racism-Mansfield Resources and Mansfield Public Library book list
- How White Parents Can Use Media to Raise Anti-Racist Kids
- 31 Children’s Books to Support Conversations on Race, Racism, and Resistance
- See Items 3 & 4 in this blog (cool mom picks) post for helpful resources
- How to talk to Kids about Race and Racism
- Born Free and Equal - Family Art Project- Complete by August 14th, and return your work to Mansfield Public Library. Please click the link for more information and for the submission form.
For earlier parent communications prior to March 2021 Please click here
- School Model for Grade 8 Students
- Letter from the Superintendent regarding Recent Racially Motivated Violence - 03/24/2021
- Communication from the Superintendent - Spring Travel Guidance
- Covid-19 Update letter for 03/26/2021
- Covid-19 Update letter for 03/28/2021
- Covid - 19 Update letter for 04/01/2021
- Upcoming Spring Break Guidance - 04/09/2021