MY Green Thumb
MY Green Thumb is a newly added program to the Mansfield Youth Services repertoire for summer fun!
Group participants will work alongside members of the Mansfield Senior Center to plant, harvest, weed, water, and more in the Senior Center’s community garden. Members will also engage in team building and ice breaker activities, with popsicles and crafts! MY Green Thumb is open to six (6) Mansfield youth participants, entering grades K-8. There is no fee for the program. Group will meet at the Mansfield Senior Center (303 Maple Rd.) from 10-11:30am on 7/23,7/30, 8/6, 8/13.
What to Bring:
Each group member will receive a MY Green Thumb t-shirt, work gloves, and an insulated water bottle on our first day of group. We ask that group members bring a mask, work gloves, and a water bottle to each meeting date. In addition, we suggest bringing the following along:
- Bug repellent
- Closed toe shoes
- Cell phone
- Inhaler-epi pen (additional form required)
If bad weather is forecasted, staff will send an email to parents/guardians by 8am on respective meeting day.
How to Sign-up!:
Each youth participant will be asked to have a parent/guardian complete our 2021 MY Green Thumb registration form and Epi Pen/Inhaler Authorization Form (if needed).
Your completed MY Green Thumb Registration Form can be sent to Mansfield Youth Services by either:
- Sending all fillable PDFs to: DufresneS@mansfieldct.org
- Mailing the completed forms to: Mansfield Youth Services (4 South Eagleville Rd. Mansfield, CT 06268)
- Dropping them off at our Youth Services office (Please email or call us to set up a time for drop off as Mansfield Youth Services is available by appointment at this time)
Forms are due by: Tuesday, June 18th
**Please Note: Registration forms will be processed as they’re received. A waitlist will be kept if we receive more forms than available slots.**
We will be following CDC protocols as well as guidance from our local health department, EHHD, to ensure that best practices are being implemented. These include (but may change based on most up-to-date recommendations):
- Group members and staff will wear masks inside any locations, and outside if social distancing is not achievable.
- Staff will carry disinfecting supplies and hand sanitizer during each group meeting.
- While onsite youth and staff will maintain 6 feet distance.
- Group members and staff who experience COVID-19 symptoms will be asked to refrain from attending program until a negative COVID-19 test has been received, OR 10 days have passed since symptoms started with no symptoms in the 24 hours before returning.
- Group members that test positive for COVID-19 will be asked to refrain from attending the program for a minimum of 10 days with no symptoms in the 24 hours before returning.
- Group members identified as a close contact to a case of COVID-19 will be asked to refrain from attending the program for the quarantine period recommended by the EHHD.
- Group will not meet on days where bad weather is forecasted due to inability to safely hold program inside.