Adult Summer Reading Challenge
Are you Up for the Challenge?
June 19 – August 13
To participate: Read a book that fulfills a challenge from our list and submit your completed challenge using our form online or at the library. There are 10 different reading challenges and there will be a prize drawing every two weeks.
Rules are simple:
- Challenges may be completed only once and each book can only be used for one challenge.
- To qualify for the grand prize drawing you must complete at least 4 different challenges. The more challenges completed the greater the chances of winning the grand prize.
- Register online by clicking here. You may also pick up registration and challenge entry forms at the library.
- Participants must be 18 years or older and must possess a valid Connecticut state library card.
Suggested title lists for each challenge are available online (see below) or at the library. Lists are not inclusive of all titles that apply.
Good luck, and tell everyone you know to join!
For any questions please contact Vicky at CoffinV@MansfieldCT.org
- A book about growing up
- A book about human - animal relationships
- A book from a different era
- A book set in a frosty location
- A book set in New England
- A book that biographs a life
- A book that inspires you to travel
- A book with an ocean location
- A book about self-realization
- A devour-worthy book about food
Fill out a challenge entry form online by clicking here. Challenge entry forms are also available at the library.
Reading Challenge Prizes
Prizes were purchased with funds from the Friends of Mansfield Library and community organizations.
Drawing #1 (6/19-7/2)
$25 gift certificate to Willimantic Food CO-OP
Drawing #2 (7/3-7/16)
$25 gift certificate to The Hoot
Drawing #3 (7/17-7/30)
$25 gift certificate to Dog Lane Café
Drawing #4 (7/31-8/13)
$25 gift certificate to TJMAXX
Grand Prize Drawing
$50 gift certificate to Fenton River Grill
¨ Challenges may be complete only once and each book can only be used for one challenge.
¨ To qualify for grand prize drawing at least 4 different challenges must be completed.