Town of Mansfield
Resident State Trooper’s Office, 4 South Eagleville Road, Mansfield, CT 06268
(860) 429-6024 Telephone (860) 429-4090 Facsimile
INSTRUCTIONS FOR 60 DAY TEMPORARY STATE PISTOL PERMIT
(To apply, you must be 21 years of age, a U.S. Citizen residing in Mansfield, and a suitable person (C.G.S. Title 29, Sec. 29-28). Convicted felons cannot possess firearms and cannot obtain pistol permits. Prison time, probation or a fine for a felony are considered a conviction.)
- You must attend an approved Basic Pistol / Handgun Safety and Use Course Connecticut State Pistol Permit
- Complete DESPP form DPS-799-C, Pistol Permit/Eligibility Certificate application https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/DESPP/CSP/files/DPS-799-C.pdf?la=en
- Have fingerprints taken at the State Police Barracks, Troop C 1320 Tolland Stage Road, Tolland. It will cost you $15.00 have a check or money order with you. Fingerprints are taken at 7:00am, 3:00pm and 11:00pm every day. Do not be late.
4. Call the Mansfield Resident Trooper’s Office clerk 860-429-3360 to schedule an appointment (Thursday Only) to drop off your complete application packet which includes :
- Completed DPS-799-C Pistol Permit Application (this Application must be notarized)
- Green Fingerprint Cards
- Firearm Safety and Use NRA Certificate
- Birth Certificate (Passport is also acceptable)
- Photo Identification (i.e. Driver’s License)
- Proof of Mansfield residency
- One check or money order for $13.25 payable to “Treasurer-State of CT” (Federal Fingerprinting Fee)
- One check or money order for $75.00 payable to “Treasurer-State of CT” (State Fingerprinting Fee)
- One check or money order for $70.00 payable to “Town of Mansfield” (Town Fee)
We will contact you upon your clearance from the State Police Bureau of Identification to set up appointment
Note: Your temporary pistol permit will be good for sixty (60) days. It cannot be renewed.
For additional information please visit www.ct.gov/despp.
If you have any questions about this application, you may call the Mansfield Resident Trooper’s Office at 860-429-3360
Our secretary office hours are as follows:
Monday – Wednesday 8:15-4:30 (Closed for an hour for lunch)
Friday 8:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Pistol Permit Application